The Patient and Family Experience
Our customer service vision is to provide legendary service created through memorable experiences and relationships. A great and memorable customer experience includes providing a healing environment where people can come to us for excellent medical care, compassion and understanding.
Standards of Excellence: Behaviors and Actions You Can Count On
At East Alabama Medical Center, employees, physicians, volunteers, and our student affiliates are committed to excellence. That means we are all devoted to creating a place where there are consistently high standards of excellence in how we interact with you as our customer. We have aligned our standards with our core values. These standards were developed based on input from our employees. You should experience the following behaviors and actions in your relationship with the hospital and all EAMC facilities:
- We are honest and trustworthy in our words and actions.
- We tell the truth; we own up to any mistakes or errors.
- We share information and make decisions based on fact and truth.
- We listen and respond without judgment.
- We want to understand, be supportive, offer reassurance, and bring comfort to others.
- We make accuracy a priority, and focus on doing the job right, the first time, every time.
- We look for ways to continuously improve the way we do our work.
- We honor the privacy and dignity that all people deserve.
- We acknowledge that everyone brings an area of expertise to the team.
- We approach our work with energy, optimism, and a happy spirit.