The East Alabama Medical Center Prenatal Clinic was established in September 2005 after maternity services were discontinued at the Lee County Health Department. Its mission is to provide quality prenatal care to uninsured or underinsured women in a caring and compassionate manner. The clinic provides approximately 800 to 1000 patient visits per month.
- Routine and medium-risk prenatal care until delivery
- Post-partum exams with contraceptive services and referral
- New patients are seen within 10 days of calling for an appointment
- Lee Obstetrics & Gynecology and East Alabama Women’s Clinic provide back-up for the 2 nurse practitioners and the certified nurse midwife. A physician is present each Monday morning to see patients and consult with the professional staff.
- Ofrecemos servicios de interpretación gratis a nuestras pacientes hispanas.
Small Wonders Program
The Alabama Medicaid Maternity Care Program is designed to ensure that every Medicaid-eligible pregnant woman has access to medical care, with the goal of lowering Alabama’s infant mortality rate and improving maternal and infant health.
The Small Wonders Program of Maternity Services of District 11, LLC coordinates the service delivery system for recipients who reside in Barbour, Chambers, Lee, Macon, and Russell Counties.
Recipients must enroll in the Small Wonders Program and receive care from a provider in our network in order for Medicaid to pay for their care.
The Small Wonders Program can be contacted through our toll free number 1-877-503-2259 or (334) 528-6830.
Small Wonders Brochure
Maternity Care Flyer
The clinic is located at 2000 Waverly Parkway in Opelika. Call (334) 528-5808 for an appointment or for more information.
Visit the EAMC Baby site
Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday 7:30 – 11:30 a.m.