Acute Rehabilitation Unit (ARU)
Our inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Unit opened in October 2016 and is the first of its kind in the area. The unit provides specialized rehabilitation for patients in the hospital who are not yet able to transition to a skilled nursing facility, nursing home, or to return to their homes.
The 17-bed unit includes private rooms overlooking the Chattahoochee River, a dining area, and a rehab gym where patients participate in a minimum of three (3) hours of specialized rehab each day they are in the unit. Frederick Aziz, M.D. is a board-certified physiatrist and serves as the medical director of the unit.
Highlights of the inpatient rehab unit include the following:
- Treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves, bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, and tendons
- Located within EAMC-Lanier where there is 24/7 rehab nursing care available, and there is always medical personnel and emergent care close by
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- A rehab gym with the following amenities to help patients return to the functionality they maintained prior to their hospitalization.
- a fully functional kitchen
- restroom with a bath tub
- washer and dryer
Why EAMC-Lanier opened an ARU
Visit our blog to learn more about the opening of the EAMC-Lanier Inpatient Rehab Unit:
11/13/2016 – New Inpatient Rehab Unit at EAMC-Lanier