EAMC-Lanier Nursing Home
Our EAMC-Lanier Nursing Home has 103 beds that are dually certified to offer skilled and intermediate nursing care. The nursing home—with semi-private and private rooms—is connected to EAMC-Lanier hospital and has visitation lounges and dining rooms on each floor. All rooms are equipped with a bed, bedside table, chest of drawers, a bathroom, and chair. Nurse call lights are located inside of the rooms as well as in the bathroom.
The nursing home has an activities area and a fenced patio located on the first floor. We have a salon located at the nursing home where we offer beautician and barber services to our residents. We also offer daily laundry services for bed and bath linen as well as for personal clothing, if desired. Mail is distributed to residents each day.
We are dedicated to providing quality nursing care. Whether you need short-term rehab or long-term nursing care, the Admissions department can assist you in the admission process from your current location. Qualified, licensed nursing personnel provide all residents with 24-hour nursing care. The goal of our staff is to restore or rehabilitate residents to their maximum functional potential. Our interdisciplinary team will meet with you and your family regularly to discuss your medical plan as designed by your physician.
What sets us apart?
By being attached to EAMC-Lanier, our residents have access to many services that other nursing homes are unable to provide. Knowing that 24-hour emergent care is just down the hall gives our residents and families peace of mind. Plus, our team includes a registered dietitian, a licensed social worker, a licensed beautician, cardiac rehab services, services for patients with diabetes, pain management, laboratory, radiology, respiratory, skin care, optometry and podiatry services. We also provide in-house physical, occupational and speech therapy services through RehabWorks.
At EAMC-Lanier, our nursing home offers meaningful activities to promote quality of life for our residents—annual events include a fall festival, country fair, and family Christmas parties. Plus, we have activities designed to encourage continued community involvement for our residents—these include “Adopt-a-Resident for Christmas” and “Adopt-a-Grandparent.”
Dr. Joseph Downs, III
- EAMC-Lanier Nursing Home admits residents based on physician referrals.
- Physicians visit the residents in the facility routinely.
- All medications must be ordered by the physician and kept at the nurse’s station.
- Residents are encouraged to go out of the facility to visit with loved ones as deemed appropriate by the attending physician.
- All discharges should be coordinated through the Social Services department. This will ensure proper physician notification and home care arrangements.
- Our nursing home is a smoke-free facility (as is EAMC-Lanier’s building and campus).
- We encourage loved ones to join our residents for meals as desired. We simply ask that arrangements be made with our Dietary department prior to the meal.